Frozen Embryo Transfer - The First Injection

Today was the day of my first Buserelin injection for baby number two!

Whilst we are certainly approaching this new cycle significantly happier than last time (when we so desperate for something to work and for our miracle to turn us into parents), I am ridiculously nervous.  We have only ever lost one pregnancy, back in 2013, when we first decided to try for a baby.  I was only 5 weeks, but we were over the moon and absolutely devastated when I miscarried.  The loss of that baby (known to us as our Poppy Seed - as this is how big they were) has left me terrified of loosing another.  We were very lucky that our first IVF cycle resulted in the happy pregnancy and birth of our gorgeous son.  It also left us with no less than 3 frozen blastocysts (the next stage up from embryo).  I have loved knowing that those little miracles, however tiny, have been safe and sound, frozen in time.

I have never done Buserelin before, as I used Menopur injections for the fresh cycle that resulted in the birth of our son.  The needles are different and the virals themselves are different.  After a mega wobble about dosage this morning, I went ahead with the full dose and am really glad that first one is done - 'ripping the plaster off' so to speak!  Our first scan is on the 28th of January so we'll see how it's all working out then - everything crossed we can keep moving forward.

The TTC (trying to conceive) community on instagram has been a huge support to me, even though I have never met any of the other women going through treatment and sharing their stories online.  Just knowing that you're not alone is SO important.  I hope that sharing my new journey on here will reach at least one of you that is in the same boat, whether you are going through your first (or tenth) cycle waiting for your miracle or you have your miracle babe as I do and are trying for number two, three, four... Hello - I hear you!

Sending you all my love and luck on this very difficult journey xxx

Comments

Popular Posts