Frozen Embryo Transfer - The First Scan

I had my first scan on the 28th of January.  I was terrified.  It took 5 long years to make Hayden, partly due to the regular occurrence of my ovaries growing large cysts each cycle, often meaning that treatment cycles were cancelled.  At our first appointment this time round our consultant had found another large cyst and said that we wouldn't be able to move forward with the natural cycle we had planned.  I was devastated that yet again my lovely ovaries were causing delays.

Luckily, after seeking the advice of another consultant, she suggested we move forward anyway with a medicated cycle... Hence all the Buserelin injections.  There was a lot riding on this scan - after two long weeks of feeling totally rubbish and unable to drive, I was sure the cyst would still be there to put a stop to everything.  I am absolutely delighted to say that I was wrong and the experts were right - the injections have got everything in check... We are good to go!

I am now taking the oestrogen tablets (Progynova for anyone going through this) 3 times a day on top of the injections :-) Our next scan is on the 7th of February to check that my womb lining is nearly ready for the little one, eeeeeep!  It is likely that the transfer itself will take place around the 12th of February - I can't tell you how happy and excited we are (with a little bit of fear on the side for good measure).

I am having the usual second-time Mum wobbles around how it will be to change our (and more importantly Hayden's) world so drastically, with the addition of another pair of gorgeous tiny feet.  I am glad there are so many other parents writing about their parenting journeys and sharing their feelings so that you never feel alone.  I hope that one day, what I write here might help someone to feel less alone too.

Attending yoga with Hayden (this is our first term) has been one of the best decisions I could have made.  He absolutely loves it, and whilst he spends half the time playing with his best friend, he really engages in some of the activities in a way I have never seen before.  He enjoys the song about 'Namaste', some of the stretches and the parachute dance.  Most importantly though, I get some time to be mindful, to be calm and to hold him close while we rest at the end of the session.  I have found that when you are going through treatment or a struggle of any kind, these times of inner peace, however brief, are hugely necessary.  So I leave you with a happy photo of us, post yoga, enjoying a glass of milk in the pub!


Comments

Popular Posts