An Introduction


Hello and welcome to Leah's Little Loves.  

A personal diary for everything I love - mostly family and travel with a little bit of business and baking thrown in for good measure!

We are the Meehill Family; My husband Andrew and I have been together for 12 years, married for 5.  We had our little boy Hayden in April 2017 after 5 years of trying to conceive, 1 miscarriage, 3 failed rounds of IUI and 1 joyfully successful round of IVF (fresh 5-day blastocyst transfer).  Last, but certainly not least, we have a gorgeous (now 7 year old) Labrador called Ember.  We are about to embark on our second round of IVF (frozen embryo transfer) and I plan to share that journey with you here.

We live in Bristol, a lively creative city in the South West of England, UK.  We moved here from the North 10 years ago and have never looked back.  In 2010 (when we were 24 year old, recent graduates) we decided it would be fun to open a restaurant and bar together.  Everyone thought we had lost our marbles, we had only been together for 4 years and had just moved away from the support network of our families and friends.  Almost 9 years down the line and with business better than ever, I can honestly say it was the best decision we ever made.  Whilst I have taken a back seat in the running of our business since Hayden came along, I still absolutely love getting behind the bar, talking to our customers and making tasty cocktails.  I will be sharing my favourite recipes with you here!

Andrew and I love to travel, we have always made regular trips at home in the UK and abroad.  When we had our son we made a promise to each other that we would continue to travel so that he too can enjoy the world and all the adventures it has to offer.  So far, he has been to 7 different countries outside of our own, the highlight definitely being our recent trip to Tobago in the Caribbean.  Travelling with a baby and travelling with a toddler are very different experiences but he has been absolutely fantastic.  I hope we can offer some travel tips when you join us on our next adventures!  We try to do at least one city break and one 'sunny holiday' each year.  However, we are hoping I won't be doing much flying this year so we'll be off to explore the gorgeous cities of the UK instead.

Just before Hayden's first birthday, I realised that I really wanted to bake his first ever birthday cake. This has started a new found love of baking - I'm very much a beginner but I hope I can develop my skills in this area and share with you the trials and tribulations of a newbie baker!

Thank you for joining us on this fascinating journey called life xxx



Comments

Popular Posts